Petaluma Valley Hospital
Our Pledge: Your Emergency Care Begins in 30 Minutes
Getting quick access to quality emergency care just got easier. Petaluma Valley Hospital now pledges to begin care within 30 minutes of arrival or less. This drastically reduces wait times patients experience when seeking care at the Emergency Department. Our pledge to you is part of an extensive effort to increase patient experience, as well as standardize and streamline emergency care while maintaining the hospital’s excellent quality and safety record.
When you need us most, we are here for you.
Petaluma Valley Hospital is approximately 40 miles north of San Francisco just off the Highway 101 corridor in southern Sonoma County in the town of Petaluma. Petaluma is now known as one of the top 100 places to raise a family.
In a recent study completed by PacifiCare, Petaluma Valley Hospital ranked in the top 10% of Hospitals in Northern California for best practices. We have patient, staff and physician satisfaction at the height of our awareness and continually score high in all these areas.
Our services include
- 24 hour Emergency Department
- Intensive/Coronary Care Unit
- Family Birth Center
- Inpatient Medical/Surgical unit including telemetry Family Birth Center
- General Surgical Services
- Day Surgery Center
- Full service Imaging Department including: radiology, CT scans, Ultrasound, MRI scans, Mammography, Nuclear medicine
- Full service laboratory
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational therapy
We offer a broad range of volunteer opportunities at our hospital including:
- Auxiliary Volunteers
- Information Desk Volunteers
- Escort Volunteers
- Day Surgery Volunteers
- Gift Shop Volunteers
- Pre-Nursing and Pre-Med Volunteers - Volunteers seeking to complete hours of service to apply to nursing and pre-med programs.
- Junior Volunteers - Designed for high school student ages 14 to 18.
- Administrative Volunteers
Please contact Stephanie Bodi - Volunteer Service Coordinator at 707-778-2880.