Annadel Medical Group to open primary care After Hours clinic
(Santa Rosa, CA) Illness doesn’t confine itself to the daylight hours and weekdays. So the Annadel Medical Group is expanding access to its primary care services, by opening an After Hours Care clinic in Santa Rosa staffed by doctors with support from nurse practitioners. The clinic opens Monday, February 18, 2013, and will serve the public from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 11 a.m. to 4p.m. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
The new walk-in clinic is conveniently located at 52 Mission Circle, Suite 121, in the Mission Plaza shopping center at the intersection of Mission Boulevard and Highway 12/Sonoma Highway. Annadel Medical Group has established the clinic to provide accessible, affordable care during non-traditional hours to both existing Annadel patients, and to individuals who may be new to the practice and who do not have a regular physician.
“Our After Hours clinic will serve as an extension of patients’ primary care experience by being available, with or without an appointment, on evenings and weekends, and by documenting patients’ care in an electronic medical record that facilitates communication back to their primary care team,” said Bob Just, Vice President of Administration for the Annadel Medical Group and St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare throughout northern California.
The after hours clinic will be staffed on a rotating basis by board-certified family practitioners Herb Brosbe, MD, Marisha Chilcott, MD, and Jenny Marie N. Sullivan, MD – all three established providers within the Annadel group. Here, they will treat the full range of illnesses seen at their main offices adjacent to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, including conditions such as:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Sore throat, ear or sinus infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Mild asthma
- Fever or rash
- Minor cuts and burns
- Sprains and minor injuries
- Chronic disease
Additional benefits to patients will include:
- Same-day and walk-in appointments in a warm, welcoming environment, with convenient
- parking right outside the door.
- Less expensive care with shorter wait times than a trip to a hospital Emergency Room.
- Seamless transfer and access to patients’ medical records between the after hours clinic and other Annadel physicians, if follow-up care is needed.
- “We’re very focused on continuity of care,” Dr. Herb Brosbe said. “This way, another doctor consulted the next day will know why, and for what, we saw the patient at the after hours clinic.”
- A destination for new patients with an opportunity to link them to a long-term medical home. With a combined total of 62 providers based in Santa Rosa and Petaluma, Annadel has a growing number of primary care physicians and specialists who are accepting new patients.
- For individuals who don’t have a primary care doctor, a visit to the after hours care clinic is all that’s needed to introduce them to Annadel’s network of care.
- Proximity to a 24-hour pharmacy, which is operated by Walgreens, right across the street.
“Medicine needs to be more customer-oriented,” Dr. Marisha Chilcott said. “This type of expansion and shift in medicine is absolutely required if we are to more fully meet patients’ needs.”
To learn more, call Annadel’s After Hours Care service at (707) 303-1712 (effective February 18, 2013) or visit www.AnnadelAfterHoursCare.com.