Dr. Walter is a board-certified, Lake Tahoe Orthopedic Institute fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon sub-specializing in sports medicine and fracture management. He received his medical degree from Touro University in Vallejo, California, and completed his orthopedic residency at Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio.
While he has a special interest in the care of injured athletes, Dr. Walter also offers a comprehensive array of orthopedic services utilizing minimally invasive techniques and a team approach to aid recovery for his patients, including:
- Sports medicine
- Comprehensive arthroscopic management of the hip, knee, ankle and shoulder disorders
- Rotator cuff repair
- ACL reconstruction
- Meniscal repair
- Shoulder instability repair
- Anterior total hip replacement
- Minimally invasive partial knee replacement
- Minimally invasive total knee replacement
- Fracture management
Dr. Walter is a native of Northern California.
When not attending to the needs of his patients, you will find Dr. Walter spending time with his wife and two children, out cycling, skiing, paddle-boarding or hiking.