Hospice Services of St. Joseph Health
Memorial Hospice - Hospice of Petaluma - North County Hospice
Donate to Hospice
As providers of community-based hospice services since 1977, Hospice Services
of St. Joseph Health provides individualized, compassionate care to patients
and families, as well as grief support and end of life care education
to the community. We embrace a family-centered approach for the physical,
emotional and spiritual care of patients and our commitment to you includes:
- Honoring the dignity of individuals who are preparing for the end of life.
- Providing patient centered care which focuses on physical and emotional comfort.
- Working with a team that includes Nurses, Hospice Physicians, Social Workers,
Spiritual Care Providers, Hospice Aides and Volunteers.
- Supporting grief service needs for adults, teens and children in both English
and Spanish. We provide one-to-one counseling, groups, volunteer support
and grief education classes.
- Providing consultation services through Hospice Physicians.
- Delivering services regardless of the ability to pay.
Our Hospice Team provides the following services to patients and their families:
- Comfort care when a cure is no longer possible
- Home visits by an interdisciplinary team of Nurses, Hospice Physicians,
Hospice Aides, Social Workers, Volunteers, and Spiritual Care Providers.
- Medical and nursing services
- Expert pain and symptom management
- 24 hour on-call support
- Assistance with the practical responsibilities of day to day living
- Support for coping with feelings that arise
- Grief support following the loss of a loved one
- Complete support for the patient & family
- Prescription drugs and necessary medical equipment and supplies
Care is provided when:
- Someone is diagnosed with a terminal illness
- The patent or a designated responsible person consents to Hospice services
- The patient’s doctor recommends Hospice Services
- The patient resides in their private residence, a nursing home, assisted
living and/or residential care facility in Sonoma County or northern/western
Referrals to our Hospice program can come from any source. Did you know
you can make your own referral? They can also come from hospitals, physicians,
insurance case managers and families. For more information or to initiate
the referral process, please call (707) 568-1094.
We are accredited by The Joint Commission. We are certified by Medicare
and Medi-Cal, and we are California state licensed.
Hospice Services of St. Joseph Health is a department of Petaluma Valley
& Santa Rosa Memorial Hospitals and operates Memorial Hospice, Hospice
of Petaluma and North County Hospice.
Our Hospice Admissions Team can help answer your questions and help you
determine eligibility. Call us today at (707) 568-1094.
If you would like to donate to Hospice
click here. Your donations are grately appreciated.